Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@apache.org> on 2021/03/08 15:56:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Staged release of "go" client tools

Hello Whiskers!

If you have not seen, I have been trying to pay down technical debt in the Whisk Deploy tool and get it building using Go 1.15, Go Modules and the latest (direct) package dependencies as well as using the latest Gradle.  Since "wskdeploy" depends on the Go client as well as is a package used by our OpenWhisk CLI, I have made similar updates to both those repos. as well so all are brought up-to-date using the same versioned tooling/runtime/libs.  All docs (READMEs) have been updated to reflect the new, simper way of building and updating the project using "go mod" and how to build for one or more supported OS/Architectures.

At this point, I would like to pursue a sequence set of releases for these repos. based upon their dependencies.  I would propose a 1.2 release of the Openwhisk Go client followed by a release of Whisk Deploy (which will reference the 1.2 Go client) followed by a release of the OpenWhisk CLI to 1.2 (which would ref. the 1.2 Go Client and the 1.2 Whisk Deploy repo.).

Would there be any issue in executing against this plan?

PS I see the Deno runtime may release soon; if someone will champion that release quickly, I could make sure Whisk Deploy and CLI 1.2 releases would account for that new runtime.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: [DISCUSS] Staged release of "go" client tools

Posted by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Matt for handling this.

It sounds soo great to me.

Best regards
Dominic

2021년 3월 9일 (화) 오전 5:19, Matt Rutkowski <mr...@apache.org>님이 작성:

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Matt for pushing this head.

For Deno - I can look at cutting a release (a version 0.0.1 perhaps).

-r