Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Van Nieuwenhoven <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/19 10:10:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Packet takes 42s to arrive in config with Apache Reverse Proxy

Hello,

Use Case : access to JEE app running WL sometimes takes more than 40s  (no-ssl)
Config : Browser -- Apache 2.0 RP -- WebLogic 10

The response takes 42s to come back to the client.

Intriguing is the HTTP header of the response received by the client (between brackets : time stamp of packets on the client)

[ 12:31:26.277 ] - GET /mandates/extern/home.do HTTP/1.1

[ 12:31:26.277 ] - TCP ACK

[ 12:32:08.491 ] - HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:31:26 GMT
Server: Apache
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=VrTHPWtT398gwZwQdnQmkGQZxQMh5PPgGbtfGYf2KL1yJhgmBC9R!-1659218921; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: ccffuser3=nl; expires=Sun, 05-Jun-2039 11:32:08 GMT; path=/
Set-Cookie: ccffuser3=nl; expires=Sun, 05-Jun-2039 11:32:08 GMT; path=/
Keep-Alive: timeout=10, max=496
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

So the date header lead me to think that WebLogic prepared the packet very quickly, so backend processing seemed quick. But then at the same time, the timestamps of the Set-Cookie headers are very intriguing since they directly refer to the reception timestamps.

Question :
- could it be that Apache would manipulate the headers ?
- if not, am I right to conclude that WebLogic has prepared the packet immediately but delayed the submittal until the back-end was ready and filled in the Set-Cookie headers ?

Many thanks !

Jean-Christophe Van Nieuwenhoven
Belgium