Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alexandre Brillant <ab...@wanadoo.fr> on 2002/04/09 15:26:56 UTC

JASon 0.5 proposal

Hello,

I would like to propose you a new jakarta project : JASon located at
http://www.djefer.com/~aws.

JASon is a container for general server services. It tries to simplify
the cooperation between each
service through a common API. By default this API is tied to XML, it
tries to describe a service
with XML and associate it in a common cooperation domain.
For the moment JASon isn't very mature (version 0.5), but I think the
concept is an interesting one
with the purpose to let the user builds its own application server
The last version supports for load balancing between processes and
threads. I have included a little
servlet engine, a web server and a little administration console for
changing a service state.

JASon is an OpenSource project under LGPL, it is available on savannah :
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/jason.

Thank you

Alexandre

--