Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Joe Adams <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/21 14:34:15 UTC

Nutch 2.3.1 elasticsearch tstamp

I'm working on setting up nutch with elasticsearch and hbase to crawl a
site and provide a dashboard in kibana for reporting. I have the
interactions working between the components. I can crawl the site, hbase
shows all the data, and I can index into elasticsearch. The problem is that
the tstamp field in elasticsearch shows 1970-01-01T00:00:00.000Z and not
data related the fetched time of the page. I also tried adding the
index-more plugin and that seems to add a 'date' field but this also shows
up as epoch.

I can't find much searching around the internet. The only thing I can find
closely related is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-2045, but
that was fixed in 2.3.1 which is the version I'm running.

Does anyone have any idea why my dates aren't being set properly in my
elasticsearch index? The data looks good if I run readdb -url $url. Can
anyone provide some good advice to troubleshoot this further?

Any help would be appreciated.

Versions:
Nutch 2.3.1
Elasticsearch 1.7.5
Gora: 0.6.1
Hbase: 1.2.3

Configuration:
# nutch-site.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
 contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

 limitations under the License.
-->

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
<property>
 <name>storage.data.store.class</name>
 <value>org.apache.gora.hbase.store.HBaseStore</value>
 <description>Default class for storing data</description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>fetcher.server.delay</name>
    <value>.1</value>
    <description>Delay between page fetches.</description>
</property>

<property>
    <name>fetcher.server.min.delay</name>
    <value>.1</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>fetcher.threads.per.queue</name>
    <value>10</value>
</property>

<property>
    <name>http.content.limit</name>
    <value>-1</value>
</property>

<!-- Database Settings -->
 <property>
   <name>generate.update.crawldb</name>
   <value>true</value>
 </property>

<!-- Elasticsearch Settings -->
<property>
    <name>elastic.host</name>
    <value>elasticsearch.example.com</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>elastic.cluster</name>
    <value>nutch</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>elastic.index</name>
    <value>nutch</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>elastic.max.bulk.size</name>
    <value>2500500</value>
</property>

<!-- Plugin Settings -->
<property>
      <name>plugin.includes</name>

<value>protocol-http|urlfilter-regex|parse-(html|tika|metatags)|index-(basic|anchor|more|metadata)|urlnormalizer-(pass|regex|basic)|scoring-opic|indexer-elastic</value>
</property>

<!-- Metadata Settings -->
<property>
   <name>metatags.names</name>
   <value>*</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>index.metadata</name>
   <value>description,keywords,robots</value>
</property>
 <property>
   <name>db.parsemeta.to.crawldb</name>
   <value>description,keywords,robots</value>
 </property>

</configuration>