Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jonas Eriksson <jo...@webkonsulterna.com> on 2002/07/24 17:50:22 UTC

mysqlsupport for virtuals.

Hi

My http.conf file grows every day and its getting big...
It's getting hard to find anyting without seartching in it.

My question is :

I like to move all virtualshosts away from httpd.conf in to a mysql server.
My doing that it would be muth easy to maintain my virtualhosts.

Have someone tried this without loosing  preformance?

SV: mysqlsupport for virtuals.

Posted by Jonas Eriksson <jo...@webkonsulterna.com>.
Well.. I want it to work with apache 2.0x
but thanks anyway.

Posted by Jacob Rief <ja...@tiscover.com>.

Posted by Jonas Eriksson <jo...@webkonsulterna.com>.
I wait for it..

/ Jonas

Posted by James Cox <im...@php.net>.
Hi Jonas,

i'm actually workin on hacking a module for this. (ie, like mod_vhost_alias,
but uses a db)

give me maybe a few weeks and i'll publish..

 -- james

> Hi
>
> My http.conf file grows every day and its getting big...
> It's getting hard to find anyting without seartching in it.
>
> My question is :
>
> I like to move all virtualshosts away from httpd.conf in to a
> mysql server.
> My doing that it would be muth easy to maintain my virtualhosts.
>
> Have someone tried this without loosing  preformance?

RE: mysqlsupport for virtuals.

Posted by jo...@sterls.com.
Even Better:  lets just make the whole damn configuration interface pluggable
(yup, this has been suggested since the dinosaurs.....).  We're on the right
track now that the config file is parsed at startup time....

sterling