Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@husted.com> on 2001/12/18 19:12:39 UTC

Re: on referencing images

If the images were under WEB-INF, the browser couldn't access them.

The alternative would be use a runtime expression with html:base (or
equivalent) that specified a location for the HTML resources. This must
be accessible to the browser, since it is the client that fetches them.
The base does not need to be the same location where your JSP source
pages are kept. The browser just uses it as a base for the relative
references in the file, and wouldn't care if the base file actually
existed or not.

You could, for example, provide your own base tag got the current
context path and then appended whatever is appropriate to your
application (+ /images/).

It may be possible to provide more "encapsulation" by using an included
Javascript to provide the URL, or something. If you include a javascript

<script src="whatever">

the Javascript source is not exposed. That's the only way I know to hide
details in a HTML file. I'm not actually sure how that would work
myself, but it would be only way I can think to do it.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/struts/