Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by George Voronoff <Ge...@grassroots.com> on 2002/02/20 04:28:34 UTC

Serialize String[][]

I'm using BeanSerializer to serialize MyObject.

class MyObject
{
    public MyObject()
    {
    }
    public String[][] getFoo()
    {
        return _foo;
    }
    puboic void setFoo(String[][] foo)
    {
        _foo =  foo;
    }
    pirvate _foo = new String[0][];
}

I'm getting the exception:

[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=No mapping found for 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap
/encoding/:Array' using encoding style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]
        at com.grassroots.wizard.service.soap.client0_1.newsroom.NewsRoomSoap.invoke(NewsRoomSoap.java:364)
        at com.grassroots.wizard.service.soap.client0_1.newsroom.NewsRoomSoap.queryNewsReleases(NewsRoomSoap.java:257)
        at NewsRoomClient.queryNewsReleases(NewsRoomClient.java:95)
        at NewsRoomClient.main(NewsRoomClient.java:113)

I have a bunch of other primitive properties in MyObject that serialize just fine.  If I comment out the String[][] getters and setters
everything works correctly.  Does BeanSerializer know how to serialize/deserialize String[][] or do I have to write my own serializer
/deserializer?