Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by MÂȘ Magdalena Buades Fuster <ma...@uib.es> on 2009/03/12 15:08:01 UTC

Binding on-update null value

Hello,

If I have a XML, for example:
<XML>
  <FIELD Modified="N">
       <VALUE>Value1</VALUE>
  </FIELD>
<XML>

And I delete the value from the form, the binding,  then, remove the
element <VALUE>.
This is the result:
<XML>
  <FIELD Modified="N" />
<XML>

And on-update in the binding doesn't work.
This is the example code from my binding.
..
<fb:value path="FIELD" id="field">
      <fb:on-update>
           <fb:context path="..">
              <fb:set-attribute value="Y" name="Modified"/>
             </fb:context>
       </fb:on-update>
 </fb:value>
..

And return this DEBUG error into the forms.log:
PoolThread-5/ValueJXPathBinding: value= null-- oldvalue=Value1
Cannot create a relative context for a non-existent node: /XML/FIELD/VALUE

Because the elemnet VALUE is removed from the XML before, if the VALUE
is null, and then the context path doesn't exist.

Thanks.