Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by steve silvers <st...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/12 21:46:10 UTC

New to modperl

I have been programming Perl for a number of years now, but mainly on a
Win32 platform. I recently purchased a hosting package with Perl, Linux,
Apache, MySQL, etc, and they say that the servers are configured to run
modperl. I took my existing CGI scirpts and uploaded them and set the proper
perms to connect to my SQL database. The scripts seem to run atleast 5 times
faster, maby just because I'm on Linux now.

My question is how do I know if my scripts are running as modperl? Is there
some small test script that will tell me?

Thank you
Steve

Re: New to modperl

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 15:46, steve silvers wrote:
> The scripts seem to run atleast 5 times
> faster, maby just because I'm on Linux now.

It could be all kinds of things, but a 5 times speedup is not unusual
for mod_perl.

> My question is how do I know if my scripts are running as modperl? Is there
> some small test script that will tell me?

Take a look at the docs here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_

- Perrin

Re: New to modperl