Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Garibanus <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/22 01:54:08 UTC

where are my db files?

hi guys ,

i dont know if this is correct topic to post this if not sorry i didnt know
where im suppose to post .

well i use jdbc.EmbeddedDriver for my db connectivity and i connect to mydb
with this statement " jdbc:derby:C:/Users/user1/firstdb" i get in the
firstdb folder but i do not see the tables i have created.so where are they?
and what is the extension of the tables (or databases)i have created(i.e
access db is *.DBF)?

Thanks in advance

Re: where are my db files?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> well i use jdbc.EmbeddedDriver for my db connectivity and i connect to mydb
> with this statement " jdbc:derby:C:/Users/user1/firstdb" i get in the
> firstdb folder but i do not see the tables i have created.so where are they?

Make sure you say ";create=true" at the end of your connect statement, otherwise
Derby won't create the database.

You should see files named 'dbex.lck', 'db.lck', and 'service.properties', and
you should see subdirectories named log and seg0.

Inside seg0 you should see files like

c10.dat, c20.dat, c324.dat, c1a1.dat, etc.

These are "conglomerates", and to figure out which conglomerate corresponds
to which table in your database, you can use the SPACE_TABLE procedure:
http://docs.oracle.com/javadb/10.8.1.2/ref/rrefsyscsdiagtables.html

thanks,

bryan