Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Kelly Robinson <is...@langate.gsu.edu> on 2009/08/24 19:46:32 UTC

VCL appliance 2.1

Can someone tell me the contents of the VCL-VM.vmdk file located on the download site for the VCL 2.1 appliance ( http://brian-linux.cnl.ncsu.edu/VCLVM3G/ ) ?
I can see from the file extension that it is a virtual hard disk, but this file will not upload correctly when I place it into the datastore on the hypervisor.  The VCL-VM-flat.vmdk file gets renamed to VCL-VM.vmdk when its uploaded and the original "VCL-VM.vmdk" file gets over written.  Has anyone had this happen?  If so, is there a work around?  Is this file necessary?

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly P. Robinson
Software Systems Engineer, Lead
Advanced Campus Services
Information Systems and Technology
P.O. Box 3994
Atlanta, Ga 30302-3994
(404) 413-4757
krobinson12@gsu.edu

Re: VCL appliance 2.1

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Hi Kelly,

The appliance(or any VCL appliance) is not supported by Apache VCL.

I would suggest to use the VCL Install guide.
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Documentation>

Aaron

--On August 24, 2009 1:46:32 PM -0400 Kelly Robinson
<is...@langate.gsu.edu> wrote:

> Can someone tell me the contents of the VCL-VM.vmdk file located on the
> download site for the VCL 2.1 appliance (
> http://brian-linux.cnl.ncsu.edu/VCLVM3G/ ) ? I can see from the file
> extension that it is a virtual hard disk, but this file will not upload
> correctly when I place it into the datastore on the hypervisor.  The
> VCL-VM-flat.vmdk file gets renamed to VCL-VM.vmdk when its uploaded and
> the original "VCL-VM.vmdk" file gets over written.  Has anyone had this
> happen?  If so, is there a work around?  Is this file necessary?
> Thanks,
> Kelly
>

> Kelly P. Robinson
> Software Systems Engineer, Lead