Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi <le...@dtqsoftware.com> on 2005/09/06 22:51:03 UTC

Trying to extend a framework component

Hi again,

I'm trying to extend a form component (PropertySelection) to override
the default (null) model used for comboboxes with a custom list. I
created a UserSelection.jwc file (empty) and a java class, but I'm
getting an NPE on:

Stack Trace:

    * org.apache.tapestry.form.PropertySelection.renderFormComponent(PropertySelection.java:69)

    * org.apache.tapestry.form.AbstractFormComponent.renderComponent(AbstractFormComponent.java:125)

    * org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:612)

Checking out the sources, seems like these aren't getting injected:

    /**
     * Injected.
     */
    public abstract ValidatableFieldSupport getValidatableFieldSupport();

So, when using an empty jwc file I'm basically losing the bindings
specified in PropertySelection's jwc file, right? What am I doing wrong?
What's the correct way of extending a base framework component, without
specifying the full JWC bindings again?

Thanks

--
Ing. Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi