Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/20 01:51:32 UTC

[VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Hello all,

I would like to propose that we add the following ProBot integrations to
Airflow repo:

   - https://github.com/apps/ci-reporter - Works with your project's CI
   tool to report failed builds into the relevant PR.
   - https://github.com/apps/mergeable - Prevents merging of Pull Requests
   based on configurations. Make your Pull Requests mergeable only when:
   - https://github.com/apps/wip/ - Prevent merging of WIP PRs
   - https://github.com/apps/stale/ - Closes abandoned issues after a
   period of inactivity.

We can add more integrations later but for now, I propose we add the above
4. If we have a positive consensus I will raise a JIRA issue with the
Apache INFRA team.

Regards,
Kaxil

Re: [VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Posted by hotmail <zh...@hotmail.com>.
It really quick! Thanks Jarek!

Best Wish
— Jiajie

Re: [VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
It was quick :). Unfortunately mergable does not support commit checking,
but I quickly implemented it in Kaxil's Awesome Boring Cyborg :).

@Kaxil Naik <ka...@astronomer.io> -> Note that it requires new permission
(Commit Status : read & write). From what I saw adding permissions is a bit
misleading  - after you update the app, you  have to add it in App Settings
and then you can see that the permission was requested and you need to
confirm it before it is effective (but it could be only for development
version).

   - PR to Kaxil's boring-cyborg:
   https://github.com/kaxil/boring-cyborg/pull/2
   - PR in our repo with proper configuration:
   https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/7149  (to be merged after the
   Cyborg is updated).

J.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Working on it :)

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Posted by hotmail <zh...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
The reason why we stopped using mention-bot was that it was a hosted
instance that wasn't maintained anymore. I really liked the mention-bot :-)

Cheers, Fokko

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
👍💟

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yeah the mention-bot was archived and is no longer maintained.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Oh yeah. I forgot about the probot from Max -> Happy to contribute to it to
add some of the functionality we might need :).

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
I loved *mergeable*.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.
+1!

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Max,

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1!

Posted by Huang Xinbin <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 +1 (if I can vote XD)

Posted by Felix Uellendall <fe...@pm.me.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <to...@polidea.com>.
+1 for all four.

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
+1

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
+100

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Posted by hotmail <zh...@hotmail.com>.
I think the ci-reporter is great, because ours CI log is tooooooo long to read, and I just want to know what unittest failed in my PR

Best Wish
— Jiajie

Re: [VOTE] Add Probot Integrations to Airflow Github Repo

Posted by Bjorn Olsen <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

I did some thinking about this and how we can improve the contribution
process. Hadn't had a chance to draft that mail yet but some of it is
relevant to probot so I'll just reply here :)

I think we already have probot stale (at least, I saw some bot comments on
older PRs).

I'd suggest we make it a bit more aggressive, looks like it currently
comments after 6 months of inactivity which is very long. By then nobody
knows the state of the pr.

It would also be cool if it could comment after eg 10days to remind the
contributor to follow up for code review.

I did some analysis and one of the common things holding back PRs from
merging is just that review is not requested, then the pr eventually gets
too stale to merge.

I think this could really help to get more contributions merged.

Kind regards

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 +1 +1 +1
+1 +1 +1 +1