Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jonas Carlsson <d9...@hotmail.com> on 2001/02/21 13:02:22 UTC

is literalxml encoding apache proprietary? (new try)

hello all,

it seems hotmail trashed my previous post, so i'll give it a second shot:

we've built a "directory service" (itself implemented as an apache
soap service) for soap services. a client that wishes to connect to some
business soap service first performs an initial soap call to the directory
service, passing the name of the business service and receiving a literalxml
"encoded" element that contains the wsdl description fot the business
service. the client then uses this description to figure out where the
business service is located, wether the parameters are correct and so on, so
that it can perform the real business soap call.

this works well in a pure apache environment, but here is the problem: our
environment is heterogenous, and i've become suspicious about the literalxml
encoding of the response sent back from the directory service. the encoding
style should according to the docs be be set to
http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/literalxml,
and the soap spec does'nt say anything about such encoding. is it "home
built" apache stuff, or can i expect other (i.e. M$) implementations to deal
with it?

second question: if it's not proprietary, then how do i express a literalXML
encoded argument/return value using wsdl? (i want to write a wsdl-file for
the directory service itself. the client should use the same means to reach
the directory service as any business service, appart from that this
wsdl-file is locally stored of course)

best regards

jonas carlsson