Posted to user@ant.apache.org by jm <jm...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 15:15:54 UTC

strange problem starting ant

Hi,

we are experiencing an strange problem, never seen that before. Our
env is ant1.6.5, jdk1.5.0.07, on a xp. ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME are set
properly, ant\bin is on the path.

When we run 'ant', we get the following:

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -client	  to select the "client" VM
    -server	  to select the "server" VM
    -hotspot	  is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
                  The default VM is client.

java -version shows our version (1.5.0.07). If I run ant the hardcore way:
java -Dant.home=%ANT_HOME% -cp %ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-launcher.jar
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher ...
everything works ok.

We have verified the ant.bat being called is the one in the correct
directory. Any idea?
thanks

Re: strange problem starting ant

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
Any ANT_OPTS or ANT_ARGS vars?

Do a set ANT at the prompt to see which vars are set. --DD

Posted by jm <jm...@gmail.com>.
Ok, we found it, ant.home=C:\apache-ant-1.6.5\, the ending \ was the problem...

thanks everybody

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@apache.org>.