Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <St...@diva-e.com.INVALID> on 2021/12/03 14:00:06 UTC

sling models releases next week?

i plan do do a couple of releases on sling models next week, namely:
- sling models api [1]
- sling models impl [2]
- sling models jackson exporter [3]

those modules did not have seen lot of maintenance for a longer time and few releases, konrad and myself invested some time to bring all to latest bundle parent, latest OSGi annotations, fix the integration tests, get rid of some outdated dependencies like commons-collections3 etc.

there are a list of feature requests and a few bugs outstanding [4], but i would like to do the release anyway to have an new baseline in place. we can always do additional releases. other reasons to make a release soon:
- the current sling models impl bundle has a problem with it's transitive dependencies due to a misplaced testing dependency in the last release and poisons the classpath if used for testing e.g. with sling mocks.
- a new generic feature for configuring mapping features is added with Jackson exporter which i need in our projects [5]

if there are no objections i will start the releases next week.

stefan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12344415
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12349292
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING/fixforversion/12341410

[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SLING%20AND%20component%20%3D%20%22Sling%20Models%22%20and%20resolution%3DUnresolved%20
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9793

Re: sling models releases next week?

Posted by Konrad Windszus <kw...@apache.org>.
Hi Stefan,
yes, please include a release of org.apache.sling.models.validation-impl as well.
Thanks,
Konrad

Posted by Stefan Seifert <St...@diva-e.com.INVALID>.