Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Geert Lugtenberg <ge...@poort80.nl> on 2013/01/03 14:29:55 UTC

TS log size

Hi all,

In my trafficserver log folder, I have encountered several logs that are over 1gb in size -- traffic.out being the largest at 3gb. I know that the default settings in records.config are to roll logs greater than 10mb once per 24h at 0:00, and to autodelete .old logs. However, I have not changed these settings, but I still have logs of great size. We don't want any downtime, so it's a problem for us to stop trafficserver and delete these logs.

Anyone know what's going on?

Re: TS log size

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 1/3/13 6:29 AM, Geert Lugtenberg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In my trafficserver log folder, I have encountered several logs that are
> over 1gb in size -- traffic.out being the largest at 3gb. I know that the
> default settings in records.config are to roll logs greater than 10mb once
> per 24h at 0:00, and to autodelete .old logs. However, I have not changed
> these settings, but I still have logs of great size. We don’t want any
> downtime, so it’s a problem for us to stop trafficserver and delete these
> logs.
>
> Anyone know what’s going on?

Only "access" logs and error logs are rotated. We've made some attempts to
reduce the pressure on traffic.out fairly recently, but we really ought to
start rotating (or clean out) traffic.out as well. I believe there's a bug
filed for this somewhere in Jira.

-- Leif