Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2002/02/28 17:25:07 UTC

RE: Multiple Instances of same portlet and status update

> On the multiple instances, what do people think of the idea
> of allowing customizer another option : create new instance.
> It would walk user through creating a new instance (portlet
> ref) using a user selection from a list of all the abstract portlets.
>
> Cacheing would still be a problem though.

That would be a very nice feature.
Wrt caching:
I'm going to create an abstract portlet that uses a unique id for the
handle: UniqueAbstractPortlet.
We'd have to decide which portlets we want to inherit from
UniqueAbstractPortlet.

There is still the problem with parameters
See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02378.htm

I have some ideas on that. This discussion should be on the jetspeed-dev
mailing list.
I will start a thread there