Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com> on 2016/05/02 23:09:13 UTC

Do we want a "theme song" for Geode Cluhouse?

Dear Geode Community,
In a hallway conversation with one of the committers, I got asked, "How
come Geode doesn't get a theme song".  They pointed to some work I do for
the Greenplum Community in running their virtual meetings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9nHSKBSrlg

So, I'm very happy to bring in a theme song for the community.  We just
need to know what people would want to use.

The constraints are that these would need to be music tracks, probably on
Sound Cloud, released under a Creative Common's license permitting reuse
without royalty, and with modification.

I don't mind attributing the creator if I'm producing the video.

So my ask to the Geode community is - please nominate some sound tracks to
use as bumper music for Geode videos..

Here's one nomination by me.  I happen to know the composer, and although I
can't find the license he released for this track, I'm sure he'll publish a
version under CC for our usage if we ask:
https://soundcloud.com/choirshark/bongo1110

Re: Do we want a "theme song" for Geode Cluhouse?

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
I like the first one, and I'm incorporating it into the video from this
morning.

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Here's another possibility.
Also all mine.