Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Robby Pelssers <rp...@agp.nl> on 2007/05/25 13:33:58 UTC

SERIOUS problems with 2.1.10 and rhino js-1.6R5

Porting our app from 2.1.8 to 2.1.10 resulted into SERIOUS problems. A week of investigation told us that the loading behaviour of javascript files, (we use cocoon.load a lot) is has an unpredictable performance. Sometimes good and sometimes VERY bad

In an earlier thread http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117317352713555&w=2 Berry van Halderen had a workaround for this by using a 1.6.R6pre  build of rhino. We tried the same workaround but our scripts run into exceptions in various places. It seems like methods in inner classes are not accessible anymore.

Did we do something wrong when building rhino. We use JDK 1.5.0_09 and changed the target in the rhino properties file to 1.5.

Any ideas?
--
Danny Bols

RE: SERIOUS problems with 2.1.10 and rhino js-1.6R5

Posted by Danny Bols <d....@skynet.be>.
Oops...you are right...otherwise we wouldn't have any performance ;-)
--
Danny

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Danny Bols <d....@skynet.be>.
FYI

Posted by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl>.
Robby Pelssers wrote:
> Porting our app from 2.1.8 to 2.1.10 resulted into SERIOUS problems. A
> week of investigation told us that the loading behaviour of javascript
> files, (we use cocoon.load a lot) is has an unpredictable performance.
> Sometimes good and sometimes VERY bad
>
> In an earlier thread
> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117317352713555&w=2
> <http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117317352713555&w=2> Berry van
> Halderen had a workaround for this by using a 1.6.R6pre  build of rhino.
> We tried the same workaround but our scripts run into exceptions in
> various places. It seems like methods in inner classes are not
> accessible anymore.
>
> Did we do something wrong when building rhino. We use JDK 1.5.0_09 and
> changed the target in the rhino properties file to 1.5.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you happen to use importPackage(...) a lot? Try importing individual
classes with importClass(...). Rhino seems to have classloader issues
with importPackage, resulting in long loading times and unpredictable
behaviour.

Hope this helps,
Niels