Posted to user@aries.apache.org by Jens Offenbach <wo...@gmx.de> on 2017/01/04 12:10:17 UTC

SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62

Can someone please evaluate the PR and trigger a release when those modifications can be accepted without causing any harm?

Unfortunately, without that release I am completely blocked.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jens

Aw: Re: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Posted by Jens Offenbach <wo...@gmx.de>.
That looks really got to me.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jens

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 05. Januar 2017 um 08:17 Uhr
Von: "Guillaume Nodet" <gn...@apache.org>
An: user@aries.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

I've simply opened the import package range and uploaded new snapshots.

the PR has been updated. Maybe this is a compromise, could you please have a look. SPI Fly stays on ASM 5.x, but allows usage of the ASM 6.x package at runtime.

By having a snapshot release in the Apache Snapshot repository containing this change, we are ablte continue our work on Pax Web 6.1.x and its JDK9 compatibility.

Thanks you very much!

Regards,
Jens

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Januar 2017 um 13:46 Uhr
Von: "David Bosschaert" <david.bosschaert@gmail.com[mailto:david.bosschaert@gmail.com]>
An: user@aries.apache.org[mailto:user@aries.apache.org]
Betreff: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your pull request.

However, the change you are proposing is to add a dependency on ASM 6.0 Alpha. I would suggest waiting such a change to the SPI trunk codebase until ASM 6.0 is properly released.

If you need something like this yourself right now, you should be able to build your own SPI Fly binaries yourself for your own use...

Thanks,

David

On 4 January 2017 at 12:10, Jens Offenbach <wolle5050@gmx.de[mailto:wolle5050@gmx.de][mailto:wolle5050@gmx.de[mailto:wolle5050@gmx.de]]> wrote:Hallo,
I am currently working on Eclipse Jetty's JDK9 compatibility, which requires ASM 6.x. In order to get the OSGi test cases running, I need a release of Aries SPI Fly that is compatible to ASM 6.x. A pull request has already been created: https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62][https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62[https://github.com/apache/aries/pull/62]]

 --

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com[mailto:gnodet@redhat.com]
Web: http://fusesource.com[http://fusesource.com/]
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/[http://gnodet.blogspot.com/]

Re: Re: SPI Fly - JDK9 compatibility

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Web: http://fusesource.com

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I see that Guillaume already got you going. Let us know if you need
anything on top of that...

David

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jens,