Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com> on 2008/08/21 17:15:03 UTC

LDAP Discovery mechanism & round robin choice

Hi every body

I'm not an LDAP expert so I expect I don't make too many mistakes in my
explications.

If we put several server references under the same RDN, does the discovery
mechanism choose one of them with a round-robin algorithm ?

What happens if the server associated with this reference doesn't work ?
Does the discovery mechanism choose an other ?

What happens exactly when we add or remove one reference in the LDAP
directory structure ?

Eric-AWL

Re: LDAP Discovery mechanism & round robin choice

Posted by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Joe

It's what I suspected. It's not suit me unfortunately.

I would like to have several multicast groups (and one network connector by
group) but not on a single LAN.

I would like that a local broker can request a "WAN distant directory server
(with known fixed IP)" to make a multicast choice (associated to a group)
for him, and send it the answer. And I would like that this discovery
process can be repeated automatically when the network connection with the
distant broker is down.

Do you advise me not to try to write my own Directory Agent ?

Eric-AWL

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.

Posted by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com>.
<networkConnectors>