Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manohar Sripada <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/18 08:49:48 UTC

Index BackUp using JDK 8 & Restore using JDK 7. Does this work?

We are using Solr 5.2.1 and JDK 7. We do create a static index in one
cluster (solr cluster 1) and ship that index to another cluster (Solr
cluster 2).  Solr Cluster 2 is the one where queries will be fired.

Due to some unavoidable reasons, we want to upgrade Solr Cluster 1 to JDK
8. But, we can't upgrade Solr cluster 2 to JDK 8 in near future. Does the
backed up index from Solr cluster 1 which uses JDK 8 works when restored in
Solr cluster 2 which uses JDK 7?

Re: Index BackUp using JDK 8 & Restore using JDK 7. Does this work?

Posted by Manohar Sripada <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn! :-)

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.