Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stuart Whitman <sw...@groupw.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/31 18:51:56 UTC

Instance with SSH Key pair

Hello,

When I launch an instance with an SSH key pair selected using the CentOS 5.5(64-bit) no GUI (KVM) template that comes with CloudStack, I cannot sign in using the SSH key. I configured the zone with basic networking and enabled the ConfigDrive network service provider.

The instance runs, and I can use SSH to sign in to the root account using the default password.

Any help would be appreciated; thanks,
-Stu
_____________________________________
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Group W may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of that fact by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments to it.

Re: Instance with SSH Key pair

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
I am not sure if that template has cloud-init installed or not, so cloud-init enabled templates with cloudstack datasource are usually work with ssh-keys. So check if you have cloud-init package installed or not.

https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/templates/_cloud_init.html

Vivek Kumar
Sr. Manager - Cloud & DevOps
TechOps | Indiqus Technologies

vivek.kumar@indiqus.com <ma...@indiqus.com>
	www.indiqus.com <https://www.indiqus.com/>

> On 01-Feb-2023, at 12:21 AM, Stuart Whitman <sw...@groupw.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> When I launch an instance with an SSH key pair selected using the CentOS 5.5(64-bit) no GUI (KVM) template that comes with CloudStack, I cannot sign in using the SSH key. I configured the zone with basic networking and enabled the ConfigDrive network service provider.
>
> The instance runs, and I can use SSH to sign in to the root account using the default password.
>
> Any help would be appreciated; thanks,
> -Stu
> _____________________________________
> The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments from Group W may contain confidential and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the named recipient to whom it was originally addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately of that fact by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments to it.

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
original message and any copy of it from your computer system. You are
communication is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been
obtained for such action. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately. Although IndiQus attempts to sweep
e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both are
virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of
viruses.

Re: Instance with SSH Key pair

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Or if you want something _very_ small & quick to deploy which supports
password feature, sshkey as well as user scripts:
http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/macchinina/x86_64/macchinina-kvm.qcow2.bz2

If you add it without "password enabled", then you can login as
root/password similar to CentOS one.

There are also other templates there on that site, albeit a bit stale,
but most are working.

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Great Stuart.

Thanks for sharing !

-Wei

https://usg02.safelinks.protection.office365.us/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.cloudstack.apache.org%2Fen%2Flatest%2Fadminguide%2Ftemplates%2F_cloud_init.html&data=05%7C01%7Cswhitman%40groupw.com%7Ced733c1d6c4d417d4d9b08db04f85259%7C5746ff41c91e439b81427cff90226280%7C0%7C0%7C638109238161140664%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=3b%2BfCQqeJHaRxOpikqVRk1ky8qBu%2FxessOmQByZ00cg%3D&reserved=0

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stuart,

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/templates/_cloud_init.html

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.