Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2004/10/06 16:01:12 UTC

configuring multiple namespace/stores - howto?

Hey all,
I've started playing with the domain.xml and the WEB-INF/web.xml files in trying to configure for multiple stores (multiple namespaces?) on a single Slide server. Looking out there if anyone has successfully setup Slide for multiple stores and/or multiple namespaces on a single Slide server.  I've tried some of the following changes, but no real success. Hopefully someone can share their experience!

For configuring on the domain.xml side, it looks like one can either specify another namespace, or introduce another store within the same namespace.
default domain.xml
====
<slide>
    <namespace name="slide">
        <definition>
            <store name="tx">
====

For the web-side and actually exposing the store, should one setup another servlet, add another 'namespace' init-param, or not supported yet?
default web.xml
======
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
        <display-name>Slide DAV Server</display-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>domain</param-name>
            <param-value>/Domain.xml</param-value>
            <description>
                Path to the domain configuration file, relative to the path of the
                web application.
                The default is '/Domain.xml'.
            </description>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>namespace</param-name>
            <param-value>slide</param-value>
            <description>
                Name of the Slide namespace that should be accessed by this servlet.
                If this parameter is provided, make sure the corresponding namespace
                is defined in the domain configuration file. Otherwise, the default
                namespace will be used, if one exists.
            </description>
        </init-param>
====

TIA,
-D

Re: configuring multiple namespace/stores - howto?

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.
Multiple stores is simple
  <slide>
      <namespace name="slide">
          <definition>
              <store name="root">
              </store>
              <store name="tx1">
               </store>
               <store name="tx2">
               </store>
          <scope match="/" store="root"/>
          <scope match="/path1" store="tx1"/>
          <scope match="/path2" store="tx2"/>

multipe namespaces I have never tested.
A single WebDavServlet is intended to use s single Namespace.
For multipe namespaces you need multiple servlets.

Stefan

Stefan Lützkendorf  -- luetzkendorf@apache.org