Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 07:32:31 UTC

ADDREPLICA and maxShardsPerNode and specifying a node

I noticed today that if I create a collection with maxShardsPerNode, I
can freely exceed that number by specifying the "node" parameter on an
ADDREPLICA command.

Is this intended behavior, or should I raise a JIRA? I can argue that
if a user is really going to specify a node, then we should do
whatever they say even if it exceeds maxShardsPerNode. If this is
intended though I'll want to explicitly call that out in ref guide.

Erick

P.S. I'd _really_ like to rename maxShardsPerNode to
maxReplicasPerNode, but it's too late for that.

Re: ADDREPLICA and maxShardsPerNode and specifying a node

Posted by "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 to all Shai said.

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.