Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Takawale, Pankaj" <pa...@dowjones.com> on 2015/11/27 19:31:47 UTC

JDBC 300K messages stuck in queue, consumers receives messages when manually browsed the queue

Version: 5.11.1
Persistence: JDBC (Postgresql)

Consumers are using Selector expressions to select messages based on
JMSXGroupID.

When a queue receives burst of messages, sometimes all messages gets stuck
in queue, and consumers would not receive any messages.

But, when I click on the queue through Admin UI, consumer apps receive
bunch of messages, and queue freezes again.

Is this bug related to AMQ-5853
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5853> ?

Thanks,
Pankaj.

Re: JDBC 300K messages stuck in queue, consumers receives messages when manually browsed the queue

Posted by "Takawale, Pankaj" <pa...@dowjones.com>.
I've started consumer with no selector on it. It started receiving all the
messages, and I'm filtering out the unwanted in application.

Thank you,
Pankaj

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by "Takawale, Pankaj" <pa...@dowjones.com>.

Posted by "Takawale, Pankaj" <pa...@dowjones.com>.
Tried updating ActiveMQ to 5.12.1. It showed the same behavior. No messages
are being dispatched from large pending message queues to consumers. After
I click on the queue, messages gets dispatched to consumer for a while, and
queue freezes again.

Thanks
Pankaj

Posted by "Takawale, Pankaj" <pa...@dowjones.com>.