Posted to user@flink.apache.org by bastien dine <ba...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/14 07:55:36 UTC

State migration into multiple operators

Hello,

I would like to have some advices about splitting an operator with a state
into multiple operators.
The new operators would have state containing pieces of information of the
initial state
We will "split" the state

For exemple, I have operator (process) with uid A, with a state containing
field1, field2
I would like to split it into two operator B & C with, respectively, state
field1 and state field2

How can I split my state upon multiple operators ?

Best Regards,
Bastien

------------------

Bastien DINE
Data Architect / Software Engineer / Sysadmin
bastiendine.io

Re: State migration into multiple operators

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Just to add to what Piotr already mentioned:
The community is working on adding support for this directly in Flink.
You can follow the efforts here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-12047.

Cheers,
Gordon