Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sonny Angel <so...@sbcglobal.net> on 2014/03/12 18:57:07 UTC

ooffice 4.0.1

Sir,

Updating to OpenOffice 4.0.1 was a mistake, it is not ready for prime time.
Writer locks up when ever I try to format a page.  I never had a problem with
OOffice4.0.0 on winxp or Slackware14, 14 current, or 14.1.

Currently using Slackware 14.1

Thanks,

Walt R.

Re: ooffice 4.0.1

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Sonny Angel <so...@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Updating to OpenOffice 4.0.1 was a mistake, it is not ready for prime time.
> Writer locks up when ever I try to format a page

millions of users disagree with your statement.

That doesn't mean Writer doesn't lock up on your particular system, maybe
it does, but since you provide no further data to replicate the problem,
it's as useful as a car owner saying "this car model should have never been
released, it's engine failed when I was driving today".

FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell