Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ramakanth varala <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/07 12:28:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Fwd: httpd + openssl : compilation issues while using shared openssl library

Hi All

I am using httpd-2.2.31 ,  trying to use openssl-1.0.2t with --with-ssl and
--enable-ssl parameter.

--with-ssl points to the openssl installed directory.

I am having redhat 5.7 with x86_64  ,where the compiled binaries would be
running.

Used the openssl parameters of shared ,to get ssl shared objects while
compiling the openssl in centos 5.7 .

i try to use ssl as shared library , i get below error

opt/apache/bin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
/opt/apache/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: requires glibc 2.5 or later dynamic linker
apxs:Error: Sorry, no shared object support for Apache.
apxs:Error: available under your platform. Make sure.
apxs:Error: the Apache module mod_so is compiled into.

Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

thanks
rama kanth