Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/10/19 02:58:53 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 3

I'm pleased to announce that Tomcat 4.0 milestone 3 is now available
from the Jakarta web site:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-m3

with the source distribution available at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-m3/src

Compared to milestone 2, a number of new features have been added, and a
large number of bugs have been fixed.  You can find a summary of the
changes in the release notes document (RELEASE-NOTES-4.0-M3.txt) in the
top-level directory of either the binary or source distributions.

If you plan to build Tomcat 4.0-m3 from source, you will want to pick up
the corresponding version of the servletapi classes, in the same
directory as the m3 distribution.  Users of the binary distribution
need not do this -- a servlet.jar file containing the most current
version of the servlet API classes is in the "bin" directory of the
binary release.

Come and get it!  Please keep the bug reports coming, so that we can
make Tomcat 4.0 the most robust and reliable version of Tomcat yet!

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat