Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Bracken, William (Contractor)" <wb...@harris.com> on 2002/07/17 20:34:15 UTC

Tomcat and JSDK 1.4

Okay, "Tomcat 4 has been extensively tested with JDK 1.3.1, which is
recommended."
My question is, have any of you gurus out there worked with JSDK 1.4? If so, on
what platforms? Have any problems? Sorry to give a 'do my homework for me'
question, but I have no time to do all those tests, and I'm sure quite a few of
you out there have larger projects that you've moved (or attempted to move) to
1.4.

Will

Re: Tomcat and JSDK 1.4

Posted by Chris Brown <br...@reflexe.fr>.
This is really a user question...

In answer to your question, I have tried it on Windows 2000 and Windows XP,
with Sun's JDK 1.4.0 (final, not the "_01" patch or 1.4.1 beta).  It crashes
quite often, i.e.: the JVM just dies, not a Tomcat exception.  It happened
frequently with Tomcat 4.0.x, but I didn't have time to track the bug
exactly.  I suspect a problem in the JDK however, as the I/O implementation
has changed a lot.  Hopefully the problem will have gone away in more recent
releases.

-Chris B

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>