Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by flo <fl...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/19 21:06:41 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-798 Add possibility to write kafka headers in Kafka Console Producer

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-798%3A+Add+possibility+to+write+kafka+headers+in+Kafka+Console+Producer>

Re: [VOTE] KIP-798 Add possibility to write kafka headers in Kafka Console Producer

Posted by David Jacot <dj...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Hi Florin,

Yes, you can close the vote.

Best,
David

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florin,

Posted by Florin Akermann <fl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all.

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florin,
Thanks for the update!

+1 (non-binding)

Thank you.
Luke

Posted by Florin Akermann <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bill and David,

Posted by David Jacot <dj...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Hi Florin,

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florin,

Posted by Florin Akermann <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luke and Tom

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Hi Florin,

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florin,

Posted by Florin Akermann <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Hi Florin,

Thanks for the KIP!

I think the assumption that header values are UTF-8 strings might not hold up in the long run, but it seems like we can easily add a property later to specify the format. It seems like this scope is probably a handy addition on its own.