Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ken Hancock <ke...@schange.com> on 2014/07/01 18:01:30 UTC

Re: RPC timeout paging secondary index query results

You didn't post any timings, only when it started failing so it's unclear
whether performance is dropping off or scaling in some sort of linear or
non-linear fashion. Second the recommendation to do some traces which
should be much more telling.

Posted by Phil Luckhurst <ph...@powerassure.com>.
Ken Hancock wrote
> You didn't post any timings, only when it started failing so it's unclear
> whether performance is dropping off or scaling in some sort of linear or
> non-linear fashion. Second the recommendation to do some traces which
> should be much more telling.

I'm afraid I've not yet had time to pursue this any further. I take your
point about the traces but the fact performance drops off so quickly to the
point where we can't complete any queries means that in this case secondary
indexes as they stand are not going to work for us so we are going to have
to rework our data model to avoid them.