Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 13:03:36 UTC

weird exception on update

Hello!

We are hitting a really strange and nasty issue when trying to delete by
query and not when just adding documents. The exception says:
http://pastebin.com/B1x5dAF7

Any ideas as to what is going on?

The delete by query is referencing the unique field. The core's index does
not contain the value that is being deleted.
Solr: 4.3.1.

--
Dmitry
Blog: http://dmitrykan.blogspot.com

Re: weird exception on update

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hoss,

Thanks for replying. I have created a jira:
It contains the required configs (actually a shard) and a query parser
maven project. These illustrate the issue.
I had to omit the solr.war from the webapps of the shard as it exceeded the
upload limit. Hope it is not a problem for you to fetch and deploy that.

Please let me know, if the jira is any clearer or if more detail is needed.

Thanks,
Dmitry

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
We are still hitting an issue with two cores, each having their own custom
query parser.

The problem in passing {!qparser} is that the custom query parser can
pretty much alter an input query into something that is not desirable for
the delete by query operation.

Is there any way of specifying explicitly lucene's query parser for the
delete by query? If no query parser is specified in such a config we get an
error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
</response>