Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by armon <zh...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/21 17:15:58 UTC

about the supported input format of any23

Hi,
       I do some data transform currently from xml-format wiki data
(retrieved by wikipedia API) to turtle, but it seems that the any23 can't
work correctly. (I used the command: ./any23 rover url )

       Does any23 actually support the xml data retrieved by wikipedia API
as the input format ?

      If not, is there any extensive extract module do the same work ?

      Or if we can develop a extractor named wiki-xml extractor ?

      Thank you!

      All the best!

armon.

Re: about the supported input format of any23

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.
ok,

get it,

and do you have any suggestion for us the do the conversion from the data (retrieved by wiki API) to RDF format or triple?

thank you very much!

armon.chen

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Armon,

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

 I DO agree with your opinion, yes, actually any23 do a great work,

 and I was used to think that it can support the common xml structure data while it doesn't.

 So it is ok, maybe I need to develop a new module to meet my requirement.

 And if there is anything make you misunderstand my real mean, I am sorry about that.

 I just ask you sincerely whether asny23 0.7 will support the common xml format as input or not.

 If not, it is ok, I will get other solution.

 Thank you very much!

 All the best!

armon.chen

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Armon,

I think we need to clarify something here

Any23 parsers extract structured data... the parsers DO NOT aim to
extract unstructured text like some kind of 'traditional' parser.
By structure we are not referring to markup as such but instead relate
solely to semantic/structural relationships between concepts within
some given data resource.
Within the context of this thread, we refer (somewhat ambiguously) to
resources as one of the following formats

RDF/XML, Turtle, Notation 3, RDFa with RDFa1.1 prefix mechanism,
Microformats: Adr, Geo, hCalendar, hCard, hListing, hResume, hReview,
License, XFN and Species, HTML5 Microdata: (such as Schema.org), CSV:

--
Lewis

Re: about the supported input format of any23

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

 thanks for your reply

 the result we get from the url (in last email) is:

@prefix dcterms: <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .

<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query> dcterms:title "MediaWiki API Result" .

 but we know that there is some other data in the page that can't be retrieved, such as the xml data (in the attachment of last email).

 Is there any other way for me to have a try if the ./any23 rover "@url" can't work?

Thanks!

All the best!

armon

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Armon,

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
Lewis

Re: about the supported input format of any23

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by armon <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Armon,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM, armon <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>       I do some data transform currently from xml-format wiki data

Can you give a small example of this xml?

> (retrieved by wikipedia API) to turtle,

Also a small example of your turtle

> but it seems that the any23 can't
> work correctly. (I used the command: ./any23 rover url )

What do you get to std out? I am easily able to use any23 parsers on
fetching structure from wikipedia pages... but this is not what you
are referring to... I need some more information from you please.

>       Does any23 actually support the xml data retrieved by wikipedia API
> as the input format ?

Please see above

--
Lewis