Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ch...@emc.com on 2012/06/28 21:20:09 UTC

default context

As I read the context docs ( http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html ), the only way to define a default web application is via a context element in the server.xml file.  Is this true?  So, this means that it is IMPOSSIBLE to drop a default web app WAR into the webapps folder, correct?

Re: default context

Posted by James Lampert <ja...@touchtonecorp.com>.
David kerber wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken (which is definitely possible), if you name it
> ROOT.war, it will also become the default context.

Quite true. Even a neophyte like me is aware of that. ;-p

(And there's a lot more about Tomcat that I *don't* know, than there is
that I *do* -- it was just this month that I learned, for example, that
on an AS/400, you not only need Java 6 for Tomcat 7, you need a specific
Java 6, and also that you can set up the environment variables from the
CL program that launches Tomcat, rather than having to mess with
startup.sh or catalina.sh, or create a setenv.sh.)

--
JHHL

Re: default context

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.