Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> on 1996/04/01 00:11:55 UTC

Re: Netscape 3.0

On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> The recent 3.0 beta (aka Atlas) of Netscape Navigator sends
> "HOST".

So does Netscape 2.0. At least, the Mac version does. I assume the
other ones do as well. (One of the first things I do whenever I try a
new browser nowadays is to start up a perl server script that just
listens for a connection, then shows me what's sent - chapter 7 of the
camel book - and point the browser at it. You learn lots of
interesting things that way.)

> Wave goodbye to more memory though, mine now starts up swallowing
> over 6Mb :-(

*shrug* The Mac version actually uses less memory than 2.0. Although
it *still* doesn't have Java for 68k Macs. *sigh*

But this is getting a bit off the subject.

--

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Lefler on IRC, DALnet <http://www.dal.net/>

    "Right. Fair. Decent. Either the person saying them believes in
     those concepts or not. If not, then those words mean that he's
     got somebody standing behind me with a knife in his hand. And if
     he *does* beleive them, then those words mean I'm going to win."

                                - From _Xenocide_, by Orson Scott Card