Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darin Amos <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/03 17:23:46 UTC

Grouping on multivalued fields. Alternative approaches?

Hi All,

I have read over and over that SOLR still does not support grouping on multivalued fields, however I have a requirement in which grouping on multi valued fields is the perfect solve for.

Has anyone ever worked on a 3rd party library to do this, or is there any alternative ways to do this using a tokenized text field? Surely someone must have solved this problem by now.

I am currently running SOLR 4.3.

Thanks!

Darin