Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/05 20:18:46 UTC

Re: how can I make the Nimbus highly available ?

HA for Nimbus is planned, and there has already been some work in that area:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-166

Nimbus is not a true SPOF in that if it goes down, you’re topologies will continue to function and process data. With Nimbus down what you lose is the ability to submit/manage topologies and reassign tasks.

Without STORM-166, you would have to manually intervene if your nimbus host exploded. If it is a big concern you may want a standby machine and something in your ops pocket to quickly change DNS for your nimbus host.

- Taylor

Posted by yang hui <lo...@163.com>.
Thanks  a lot.