Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Koes, Derrick" <De...@Smith-Nephew.com> on 2002/07/17 18:03:06 UTC

What to do to http.conf and/or server.xml

I believe I have tomcat 4.0.4 and apache 2.0.39 working well together with
mod_jk (ajp13 connector).

I've put documentation files (static content) in my webapp that I'd like
apache to serve.  I can't seem to make this work.

For example, my webapp is in example.war which gets expanded in the webapps
directory as example (I already check, this does not interfere with the
examples shipped with Tomcat).

Under example I have a directory called docs.

I would like apache to serve all files in the docs directory, but maintain
my URL.

So I would like apache to handle http://serverName/example/docs
<http://servername/example/docs> .

Going to this URL, I can get to my files, but it's Tomcat.

I can add something like:

Alias /docs "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Jakarta/tomcat-4.0.4/webapps/example/docs"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Jakarta/tomcat-4.0.4/webapps/example/docs">

    AuthType Basic

    AuthName "Restricted Files"

    AuthUserFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/users"

    require user koes

    Options Indexes MultiViews

    AllowOverride None

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

</Directory>

to the httpd.conf file, but the URL has to be http://serverName/docs
<http://servername/docs> .

I tried adding

Alias /example/ "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Jakarta/tomcat-4.0.4/webapps/example/"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Jakarta/tomcat-4.0.4/webapps/example">

    AuthType Basic

    AuthName "Restricted Files"

    AuthUserFile "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/users"

    require user koes

    Options Indexes MultiViews

    AllowOverride None

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

</Directory>

but this doesn't seem to do anything.  The webapp mappings seem to take over
(probably desired).

Can anyone help me make this work?