Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lott, Carey" <ca...@eds.com> on 2004/02/05 21:24:01 UTC

Starting a different process for each java operation

If this is in the archives or docs, I'm sorry.  The company proxy is
blocking the tomcat site.

Can tomcat be configured to start child processes for each java operation?

A developer has a servlet that needs to change the uid for the process that
runs it to do some shared memory operations.  Right now when this servlet
runs it is changing the uid of the root process for Tomcat which causes
other servlets to stop working. This is bad.
Is this something that I am supposed to configure in the server.xml or
global web.xml?

Thanks for the help.
Carey Lott