Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/11/21 22:15:03 UTC

Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the doxia-book pom?

Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the
doxia-book pom [1]?

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
   <artifactId>doxia-core</artifactId>
</dependency>

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
   <artifactId>doxia-module-xdoc</artifactId>
   <version>${projectVersion}</version>
</dependency>

Paul Spencer

[1]http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-book/1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT/doxia-book-1.0-beta-1-20081119.231737-2.pom

Re: Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the doxia-book pom?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Wayne Fay wrote:
>> Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the doxia-book
>> pom [1]?
>
> Is it perhaps mentioned in a dependencyManagement section in the pom,
> or a parent? Otherwise, it does seem odd. Try running "mvn
> help:effective-pom" on it and see what that shows.

Yes, the version is correctly displayed by help:effective-pom. I guess
the version comes from dependencyManagement.

Curious, the dependency on doxia-core is mentioned twice, once with the
default scope and then with test scope.

   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
       <artifactId>doxia-core</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
       <artifactId>plexus-cli</artifactId>
       <version>1.0</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
       <artifactId>doxia-core</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
       <classifier>tests</classifier>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>junit</groupId>
       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
       <version>3.8.2</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
> Wayne

Paul Spencer

Re: Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the doxia-book pom?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Wayne Fay wrote:
>> Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the doxia-book
>> pom [1]?
>
> Is it perhaps mentioned in a dependencyManagement section in the pom,
> or a parent? Otherwise, it does seem odd. Try running "mvn
> help:effective-pom" on it and see what that shows.

Yes, the version is correctly displayed by help:effective-pom. I guess
the version comes from dependencyManagement.

Curious, the dependency on doxia-core is mentioned twice, once with the
default scope and then with test scope.

   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
       <artifactId>doxia-core</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
       <artifactId>plexus-cli</artifactId>
       <version>1.0</version>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.doxia</groupId>
       <artifactId>doxia-core</artifactId>
       <version>1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
       <classifier>tests</classifier>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>junit</groupId>
       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
       <version>3.8.2</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
> Wayne

Paul Spencer

Re: Is the dependency for doxia-core missing the version tag in the doxia-book pom?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.