Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Svetlin Zarev <sv...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/24 13:54:52 UTC

Customizing the dynamic deployer chain

Hello,

I want to subclass the org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory class
in order to customize the deployer chain. Unfortunately the chain is
constructed inside ConfigurationFactory(offline, preAutoConfigDeployer)
constructor, so when I use the ConfigurationFactory(offline, deployerChain,
configuration) constructor I have to copy-paste a huge portion of the code
that initializes the deployer chain. Hence my suggestion: It would be great
if the code that initializes the deployer chain is extracted in a protected
method that initializes the passed Chain -> protected void
initDeployerChain(Chain chain). In that way subclasses can reuse that code
while being able to painlessly add/remove dynamic deployers.

Kind regards,
Svetlin

Re: Customizing the dynamic deployer chain

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to kind of drop the hardcoded chain logic and freeze it until
somebody get enough motivation and time to rework it in a sortable way
(maybe even sortable events). Last one is an option but surprised there is
no way to do it already - I know I did a couple of time but could have been
a bit more hacky switching  jpa provider or datasource factory for
instance, dont recall the details).

Thinking to it this last option can be saner: using template or resource
provider (globally set) you can make the datasource using your custom
config. Can be worth a try.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Svetlin Zarev <sv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.