Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TOM SSEMWOGERERE <ss...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/11 08:39:59 UTC

number of documents

I am currently using contineo document management system. When I asked
one of the designers about hom many documents can be supported by the
contineo document managent system, he told me that it depends on the web
server used. For me I use tomcat how can I configure tomcat to support
unlimited number of documents.

  Waiting for your response.

  Tom

---------------------------------
Got a little couch potato?

Re: number of documents

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
TOM SSEMWOGERERE wrote:
> I am currently using contineo document management system. When I asked
> one of the designers about hom many documents can be supported by the
> contineo document managent system, he told me that it depends on the web
> server used. For me I use tomcat how can I configure tomcat to support
> unlimited number of documents.

Without knowing about how the internals of Contineo works, I'd assume
that the number of documents is dependant on the amount and type of
storage you are using, rather than the application server.

If it uses the file system then the amount of docs will be dependant on
the disk space and document sizes.  Tomcat will have no effect on it.