Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by ty <ty...@lingo-systems.com> on 2004/03/03 01:17:48 UTC

Q: Rolling my own Slide 2.0 Store

Hello!

I would like to ask about writing a store for Slide 2.0. We intend to
use WebDAV as the front end specifically as a file-system first, and
then take advantage of the extra goodies such as revisions and ACLs,
which our backend also supports.

Please suggest what to write in order to get the basic Slide store(s)
up and working: make a directory, write a file, read a file, rename a
file, etc.. from the client, and have it all backed by my custom store.
I would love to hear what class(es) to extend/implement. The existing
examples felt a bit intimidating to me when I went fishing for ideas,
but I'm going to keep at it in the meantime.

Thank you all so much for your effort into this project!

Ty C

Re: Q: Rolling my own Slide 2.0 Store

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Emiliano Heyns <em...@iris-advies.nl> writes:

> The issue with this is that the default Tx Stores are pretty daunting.
> I'm looking at the same problem for an OSS project I'm working at, and
> 'reverse-documenting' the interfaces is slow going, and you have to hope
> that you got everything right since you don't have the 'big picture' of
> what the various classes are supposed to do in relation to each other.

If you have some SQL knowledge, the J2EEStore might be easier to understand,
sind it delegates the hard work, the transaction handling, to the database.

Martin

Re: Q: Rolling my own Slide 2.0 Store

Posted by Emiliano Heyns <em...@iris-advies.nl>.

--
Emiliano

Re: Q: Rolling my own Slide 2.0 Store

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
All you need to do is look at the default Tx Stores and extend those,
you would have the option of using the XML as is, and adding your own
calls to handle the data flow or you can replace the calls to save and
read the XML with your own....that's where I started and we have custom
store(s) for Enterprise Applications like Livelink and QuickBooks (XML
<--> QuickBooks SDK)

Ollie