Posted to user@ant.apache.org by John Minne <jm...@webtaggers.com> on 2000/11/06 22:34:20 UTC

can't find classpath task

I am getting the error:  "Could not create task of type classpath because I
can't find it in the list task class definitions."

I didn't think that classpath is considered a task...

ant -version gives: "Ant version 1.2 compiled on October 26 2000"

my code is:

 <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
    <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes" debug="on"
optimize="off" deprecation="off">
            <classpath>
              <path refid="mb2.class.path"/>
              <pathelement location="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"/>
            </classpath>
    </javac>
  </target>

this seems to be inaccordance with the manual:

<target ... >
    <javac ...>
      <classpath>
        <pathelement location="lib/" />
        <pathelement path="${java.class.path}/" />
        <pathelement path="${additional.path}" />
      </classpath>
    </javac>
  </target>

any suggestions?

thanks,

-johnboy

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 JM> I am getting the error: "Could not create task of type classpath
 JM> because I can't find it in the list task class definitions."

 JM> I didn't think that classpath is considered a task...

And it isn't.

Are you sure

 JM> <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
 JM>   <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
 JM>          debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off">
 JM>     <classpath>
 JM>       <path refid="mb2.class.path"/>
 JM>       <pathelement location="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"/>
 JM>     </classpath>
 JM>   </javac>
 JM> </target>

is a literal copy of your build file? It works for me.

My wild guess would be that you have accidently terminated the javac
start tag with /> so that <classpath> is at the same level like
<javac> and not a child element of it.

Stefan