Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Christopher Gibbs <ch...@acu.edu> on 2007/08/22 18:51:31 UTC

Database Pool Monitoring

Does anyone know of a way to monitor the number of connections being
used in a particular database pool?

We have set a high max number of connections but we would like to know
exactly how many connections it us using up.

Thanks.

- Chris

Re: Database Pool Monitoring

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
Chris,

I do not believe that there is any place in the admin console that shows how
many connections are being used in a database pool.

I am pretty sure that as soon as you use one that it grabs the minimum
immediately.

For myself, I use the monitoring tools that come with my database.  I
usually use
mySQL and it has a good monitoring console.

That sounds like it might be a good thing to have though - Have you
considered
entering a JIRA requesting it as an improvement or wish list item?

Jay