Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Davide Maestroni <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 11:10:13 UTC

PathResourceTypeProvider

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to customize new node creation inside Sling. By
setting a specific sling:resourceType I am able to have my servlet
called, instead of the default one,  when the node is modified (through
POST, PUT, DELETE), but I couldn't find a way to do the same before the node
is actually created. I tried registering a JcrResourceTypeProvider, but it
is anyway called after the node is already there.
After looking in several forums I came across the PathResourceTypeProvider
interface, which might provide me the right solution to my problem, but I
see that is not part of the latest Sling. Do you plan to integrate that
feature in future releases? Is there any other (maybe better) way to achieve
what I need, i.e. to have my servlet called instead of the default one on
new node creation?

Thanks in advance,

Davide