Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/04/06 06:24:24 UTC

Apache Flex oustanding bugs

Hi,

There are currently:
1 unassigned unresolved blocker bugs
20 unassigned  unresolved  critical bugs
2901 unassigned unresolved major bugs

It may be that some of these have already been fixed, should not be at priority etc etc but I'd assume most of them are outstanding. Are there any developer or committer with a little spare time about to put in some effort to help reduce this number?

I can't see us making a release while we are in this state which is what we should be trying to do on a regular basis. We need to be supporting current users of the SDK.

Justin

Re: Apache Flex oustanding bugs

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I'm hoping starting next weekend I'll have a lot more time to dedicate to
getting to some of these.  Many are over my head, but I can at least knock
out some of the moderate to easy ones.

-Nick

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Glad to hear you'd like to help.  The getting involved page [1] has a
section on squashing bugs (not 100% up to date).  It's not 100% up-to-date,
but the gist is you will be creating a patch file based upon your fixes.

To get started you will need to download a Git client.  I prefer a GUI
driven one, however some people here like the command line versions.  You
will need to clone the SDK source to a local repo [2].  The GIT part of the
wiki is still being updated and will likely change.  You will be creating
patch files from your fixes and uploading them into the bug tickets.

Our bug tracker is Jira [3].  You will need to create an account with
them.  Afterwords you can click on the filter link [4] to identify some
easyfix bugs.  Simple find a bug you wish to work on and get started from
there.

[1] http://flex.apache.org/community-getinvolved.html
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Git+for+Apache+Flex+Guide
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=-4&jql=project%20%3D%20FLEX%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20easyfix%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

-Mark

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> What should I do to resolve this bugs ?
Take a look at the bug in JIRA [1] and if you can comment on any issue or confirm or provide sample code showing the issue exists or even better provide a patch to fix the issues that would be fantastic.

> can you mention what I have to install for that .
Take a look at the README on how to build the SDK.  But you can still help would being able to build the SDK or run the mustella tests - anything that you can do to make it easier for a committer to test or fix a bug is a step in the right direction.

> I have the flash builder 4.5 installed into my system .
Flash builder is not required but can be use for testing, 4.5 should be OK.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

Re: Apache Flex oustanding bugs

Posted by Patel Amit <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dev Khadka <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/2013 10:09 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are currently:
> 1 unassigned unresolved blocker bugs
> 20 unassigned  unresolved  critical bugs
> 2901 unassigned unresolved major bugs
>
> It may be that some of these have already been fixed, should not be at priority etc etc but I'd assume most of them are outstanding. Are there any developer or committer with a little spare time about to put in some effort to help reduce this number?
>
> I can't see us making a release while we are in this state which is what we should be trying to do on a regular basis. We need to be supporting current users of the SDK.
>
> Justin
+1  I agree

Re: Apache Flex oustanding bugs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

> How many of these did we "inherit" from Adobe?
A fair number but certainly not all of them and some of them are still bugs that need to be addressed.

People have been voting on issue but more votes would help:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Apopularissues-panel

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/5/13 9:24 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> I can't see us making a release while we are in this state which is what we
> should be trying to do on a regular basis. We need to be supporting current
> users of the SDK.
How many of these did we "inherit" from Adobe?  We should probably focus on
ones filed most recently since that implies someone still needs the fix.  We
should probably ask folks to re-vote on inherited bugs so we can understand
the priorities better.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team